- 1 Court of Appeal – Family Division in Strand London, UK Customer Care Phone number, Address, Email, Hours, Website and Social Media
- 2 Types of Courts in UK
- 3 Court and Tribunal Fees in UK
- 4 Judicial Appointments Commission (JAC) Customer Care Contacts
- 5 How to Become a Judge in UK?: Procedure, Documents Required, Eligibility, Exams
- 6 List of Courts in London, UK
Court of Appeal – Family Division in Strand London, UK Customer Care Phone number, Address, Email, Hours, Website and Social Media
Court in London
A court is any person or institution, often a government institution, with the authority to adjudicate legal disputes between parties and carry out the administration of justice in civil, criminal, and administrative matters in accordance with the rule of law.
Address: Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London WC2A 2LL, United Kingdom
Hours: Monday to Friday: 9am-4:30pm, Saturday and Sunday: Closed
UK Government Official Website: gov.uk/courts
Website: Court of Appeal – Family Division
Map: View Google direction here.
About Court of Appeal – Family Division
Types of Courts in UK
- Criminal courts are judicial bodies that oversee cases involving alleged criminal offenses, ensuring justice is served and legal rights are protected.
- These courts play a crucial role in determining guilt or innocence, imposing appropriate punishments, and safeguarding the principles of due process and fairness in the criminal justice system.
- Magistrates’ Courts are the initial point of contact for most criminal cases, handling matters such as traffic violations, minor thefts, and public order offenses.
- These courts are presided over by magistrates or justices of the peace, who decide on guilt or innocence and impose appropriate sentences or fines.
- The Crown Court deals with more serious criminal cases, including murder, rape, and high-value fraud, and operates with a judge and a jury.
- It has the power to impose significant penalties, such as lengthy prison sentences or substantial fines, based on the verdict reached by the jury.
- Youth courts are specialized courts that handle cases involving young offenders, focusing on their rehabilitation and welfare.
- These courts employ different procedures compared to adult courts to cater to the specific needs of young individuals and promote their reintegration into society.
Court and Tribunal Fees in UK
|Divorce or end a civil partnership||£593|
|Claim the money you’re owed||£35 to £10,000 – depending on the amount you’re claiming|
|Appeal a benefits decision||Free|
|Apply for bankruptcy||£680|
|Apply for probate||Free or £273 – depending on the value of the estate|
How to Pay Your Court or Tribunal Fee in UK?
- By phone with a debit or credit card
- In person by cheque, cash, debit or credit card
View the Judicial Appointments Commission (JAC) Customer Care Contacts through the above link.
View the Procedure to Become a Judge in UK?: Documents Required, Eligibility, Exams through the above link
How to Reach Court of Appeal – Family Division by Bus / Metro?
Temple, Covent Garden, Leicester Square
View the List of Courts in London, UK Address, Phone Number, Email, Hours and Website through the above link.
Contact Court of Appeal – Family Division on Social Media
Is there any problem/complaint with reaching the Court of Appeal – Family Division in Strand, London, UK Customer Care Address or Phone number? Please report any issues using the below comment form.Rate your experience with the Court of Appeal – Family Division in Strand, London, UK: (click on the stars below)