Procedure to apply for Sweden Visa from London
Sweden does not require a visa for British nationals with valid UK passports. However, many non-EU residents of the UK still need to obtain a Schengen visa in order to visit Sweden.
Applications for Schengen visas cannot be submitted via the Embassy but must be submitted through VFS Global, Swedish Visa Application Centre.
Following British passport holders do not need a visa:
- British ‘European Community’ passport
- British ‘ Isle of Man’, ‘Jersey’ and ‘Guernsey and its dependencies’ passport
- British Subject passport
- British Overseas Territories citizen (BOTC) passport
- British National Overseas (BNO) passport
- British Overseas Citizens (BOC) passport
- British Protected Persons (BPP) passport
- Family members of British citizens are subject to national regulations and need a visa.
- For further information check here.
- be capable of providing for yourself while you are in Sweden.
- have a valid passport
- have a return ticket or money to buy a ticket.
- Keep in mind that you must pay the fees for residency permits when you apply at the embassy.
- For more information check here.
What is the processing time?
- A Swedish visa can be obtained six months before the intended departure date.
What is the cost?
- It generally costs EUR 80