Address: Guildhall, London EC2V 7HH, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 20 7332 1812
Opening days: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 10 am to 4 pm
Remote working hours: Monday – Friday 9 am to 5 pm.
What is Small Business Research + Enterprise?
- All small enterprises in the UK are welcome to use the Small Business Research and Enterprise Centre (SBREC), a service provided by the City of London Corporation.
- We give you access to a variety of expert business data and market analysis. In order to assist you in expanding your business, we also arrange business support events and offer knowledgeable guidance.
What are the benefits?
- There is a lesson to be learned about starting a business: there is always a risk. There are many steps you can take to ensure that the risk is so small that it is no longer a concern, even though there is no such thing as a business without risks.
- You will be able to design your product or service with the help of thorough market research. If you want your firm to expand, you must continuously improve the goods and services you offer. No matter what strategy you use, you won’t be able to gain your customers’ loyalty if your services are below par.
- Customers will start recommending you once you start satisfying them, which is essentially free advertising.
- You may find out the reputation of your brand through market research. As a result, you can determine what your target audience thinks of your brand and, if necessary, rebrand.
How to apply and obtain SBREC membership
Small businesses in the UK have remote access to a wealth of useful business data, including company contacts and market research, thanks to the SBREC membership.
You can access comprehensive, trustworthy business data with a membership with us from any location in the UK.
Our membership agreement is valid for a full year from the date of purchase.
You will get full access to the database:
– Find companies by industry, location, and size.
– Up to 20 years of financial data.
– Over 5.3 million active companies in the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
Global Trade Tracker
- detailed statistics on the commodity trade
- Monthly and annual data from 2002 to the present are available for over 110 countries.
- makes use of the Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System
- Industry overviews, key success factors, and cost benchmarking. Great for business start-ups and growth.
- UK, USA, China, Australia, and Global industry reports.
- iExpert Summaries include Q&As on industries.
- Worldwide market research with analysis and trends.
- Leading company profiles, including SWOT analyses.
- Country profile reports and market statistical data.
Business Source Premier:
- Full-text articles for more than 2,300 journals.
Business start-up information:
- Profiles for over 300 industry sectors, including market data.
- Factsheets for guidance on writing a business plan, finding finance, and marketing.
- Current European news with archives back to the 1990s.
- Over 430 sources with full-text articles from newspapers, newswires, and journals.
- Information on exporting: logistics, supply chain management, insurance, tariff information, business networks, corporate directories, and country profiles.
- Advertising spend and UK marketing and advertising contacts
- Top 1,000+ advertisers; 6,500+ brands; 600+ agencies; 5,300+
- Performance indicators and projections for consumer markets, business sectors, and digital marketplaces on a global scale.
- The infographics tab provides data on the economy, demographics, and other topics.
- Weekly newsletter.
- Free wifi at the Centre
You can only access four databases remotely with a Free Access membership, giving you a sample of our online resources.
- Business Source Premier
- European Newsstream
- Exporters Almanac
Anyone considering starting a business would benefit greatly from this membership because the Cobra database makes a great place to begin your research.